Thursday, November 13, 2008

Critique: Parkeharrison's "Guardian"


This photograph includes a man crouched in a bird-like position with his arms spread out. He looks contemplative as he looks down. Twigs and sticks formed into wings are attached to his arms. He is standing on two tall, thin sticks which are on top of a stump. This position seems to lift him into the air. The ground is filled with dirt and broken brushwood. The soil also contains dark browns and blacks all against a beige, distressed background. The two tall sticks lead you into the photo and he being in the middle attracts your eyes; he is the emphasis.
I think it portrays how we all want to break free from the torn, dark, distraught, troubled earth. He is trying to break free and fly from where he is. I like the photograph because he is showing what we all want to do and what we all are capable of.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I really like your interpretation George. There is some excellent description happening in there as well.